Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just booked more details

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Default Just booked more details

I just got a fantabulous deal on airfare from here to Orlando (about $400 cheaper than it had been posted!) With the money I am "saving" I just booked the Harry Potter package at Universal after my DVC stay with my best friend. So excited to see the new lands. May even check out Sea World. In all my trips to Orlando I've never left Disney property so it will be interesting to see what else is out there!
    Sunshine Rewards

We're planning on venturing to Universal to see Harry Potter after our cruise next year. It feels kind of weird, but the girls are really looking forward to it already!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

When are you going to Universal? I gave in over the weekend, and am going in August. Be careful, I was a Universal newbie two years ago, and I've been twice since.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I'll be there June 13 and leaving June 17. I'm expecting it to be crazy busy but I really want to see HP.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Oh you will have to share your pictures of the HP world/land. I've never been to Universal either but it might be worth it soon.
    Sunshine Rewards

We bought our tickets before they went up in price. I can't wait to go - but we can't nail down a date. Hopefully June - would love for them to work out the bugs in the new area. It'll be crazy insane busy.

You will enjoy Universal - both parks are a lot of fun. Not Disney, granted, but still a great time. IMO, Islands of Adventure has the best ride in town....Spiderman. AWESOME!
    Sunshine Rewards

So is there anything I should know? I feel like I have so much research and knowledge for Disney and not nearly enough for US and IOA. Any suggestions for good places to eat on I Drive? I'll be alone so I'm really just looking for good food without too high a price.

Any thoughts on Sea World? Can I do it justice in one day?
    Sunshine Rewards

We went to SeaWorld and you can certainly cover it in one day. But, I'm not sure if this is still true since Anheuser Busch no longer owns them, but you could come back for a second free day by showing your pass at the exit gate. We did that and found we repeated several shows but still had a great time. You also could get a discount if you were a Southwest Airlines frequent flyer (memberships are free and you can get them online).

The Universal parks are very manageable. If you use the same strategies that you do at Disney - get there early and visit the most popular attractions first - you'll be fine. I'd say hightail it to HP at park opening. We very much enjoyed a restaurant in the Lost Continent area of IOA called Mythos but others did not. Apparently, it gets highest theme park restaurant awards on a regular basis. There is a Universal section at "the other website" that is pretty comprehensive. You'll have a very fun time!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    So is there anything I should know? I feel like I have so much research and knowledge for Disney and not nearly enough for US and IOA. Any suggestions for good places to eat on I Drive? I'll be alone so I'm really just looking for good food without too high a price.

Any thoughts on Sea World? Can I do it justice in one day?
    Are you staying on-site at Universal? Are you renting a car?
    I find Universal food to be between Meh and yuck. I'd recommend going with appetizers at Finnegans and Lombard's. The Kitchen at HRH is good.
    I don't know if the CAA does this (and you probably don't belong), but your AAA card is good for a discount almost everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Are you staying on-site at Universal? Are you renting a car?
    I find Universal food to be between Meh and yuck. I'd recommend going with appetizers at Finnegans and Lombard's. The Kitchen at HRH is good.
    I don't know if the CAA does this (and you probably don't belong), but your AAA card is good for a discount almost everything.
    Megan, I strongly recommend getting this book Universal Orlando, 2010 Edition: The Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate Theme Park Adventure (Paperback). This version won't have much Harry Potter stuff in it, so you could pick up an old version on Amazon.