Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MNSSHP Question

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Default MNSSHP Question

We are going to be cruising this September (bringing the Magic home from Barcelona) and we had originally planned an additional 2 nights at WDW upon return (Oct 2 and 3) before our return to Mexico. We are now thinking about extending the 2 days into 4 (F&W will be going on) and enjoy a bit more of WDW.

We are currently booked to stay at Boardwalk Villas (so great access to World Showcase in EPCOT) but we're considering moving over to Bay Lake Tower to a standard view. Obviously this will give us easy access to Magic Kingdom, which brings me to the question about MNSSHP. What's it all about? Will 2 guys enjoy this? I know it's a hard-ticket event, but for those of you who have gone, what was the draw? We won't be doing costumes and that's just too much to pack away. How crazy crowded is it?
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Loved MNSSHP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    I know it's a hard-ticket event, but for those of you who have gone, what was the draw?
    Walked onto all the rides, characters in Halloween costumes, villain meet & greet, candy stations, special photo ops... and Hallowishes

How crazy crowded is it?
    Not at all! I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by 3dog2kidmom; 02-28-2010 at 02:09 PM.

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Oh, you got those real nifty shirts with Zero on them, too, right? Or was it Oogey Boogey?
    Dude

Personally, the MNSSHP parade and fireworks are my favorite of the whole year. I make the fam watch them every single time that we go because they are incredible. A few of the other attractions are better that night as well (like The Haunted Mansion is ramped up a little bit...although I still think DL's might be better).

The park is decorated different, so that is something cool to see. Main Street is much different with the music and lights.

Lots more Villains stuff. More appearances and a Villains show that I think they only do that night.

Just about everyone is dressed up--but not necessarily in costumes. A lot of MNSSHP shirts (bought there or made). Nightmare Before Christmas shirts, things like that. If people aren't in costumes, they are in some kind of Disney paraphernalia.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

We love going. You can definitely walk onto rides and you can see characters that night that you usually can't see other times. We love the parade and the Villains show as well. I definitely think you should try it out at least once.

Our costumes are usually not that fancy. I mean last time we just wore Mickey Mouse Club tshirts with our names printed on them and some Mickey ears. The tshirts we had made at either disneyshopping.com or zazzle.com and were a hit in the parks.
    Sunshine Rewards

we LOVED mnsshp! we've been twice-didn't dress up the 1st time, except DD, but we all dressed up the 2nd time and had a ball the villain's mix n mingle is great, and if you stick around at the end, they do pics (no autographs). the evil stepsisters were also wandering the park, and they were hilarious. there are rare characters out that you won't see on the average day, such as snow white with all 7 dwarfs. most of the rides are walk-on, and the parade and fireworks can't be beat. loved the firework narration by oogie boogie!

We also love MNSSHP-this will be our third year!

Love the parade, fireworks, decorations and being able to walk onto most rides. You can get into MK as early as 4:30 with your tickets.
    Claudia

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    Oh, you got those real nifty shirts with Zero on them, too, right? Or was it Oogey Boogey?
    You mean the flashy blinky necklace? I don't know who/what it was, but it was a thing that hangs around your neck or suction cups to a window/mirror.

And... how could I forget about the parade? That was the single most amazing thing I've ever seen at Disney!

Have been to MNSSHP twice, and I absolutely loved it! Worth every single penny I paid. Loved walking right onto all of the rides, the fireworks, everything!! We did not dress up, but wore our Steeler football jerseys (there were 10 of us, so it took up very little room in the suitcases.

I would not hesitate for a second to buy those tickets.
    Barb

Thanks everyone!! We're doing it! Will hope that DVC has a deal on tickets but if not, well, life is still good!!!
    Dude