Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week after Thanksgiving

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by schaery View Post
    Okay, ya'll talked me into it. The week after Thanksgiving it is. Started to make a ressie tonight but think I'll wait just a bit longer. I don't know why. Well, maybe I do. I've had plans of staying at POFQ but Tinkerbell may be blowing some pixie dust money my way in which case I have to decide whether to use that money to have some extra fun or upgrade to maybe the Poly or the Beach Club. So, here's another opinion question - if you had extra money, would you use it to do more fun stuff or use it to upgrade from a mod to a deluxe. (May be my only chance to ever afford a deluxe).
    I have stayed at the Polynesian, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, All Star Movies and Pop Century in the past. Last week I stayed at POFQ and absolutely LOVED it! The price was so much more reasonable than the deluxe hotels and resort was really very nice. That being said, if being on the monorail is important, then my second choice would by the Polynesian. I think I would rather spend my money or a lot of extras rather than a deluxe room personally.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Park Comando, definitely. And I'm taking a friend with me so it's not like I need a romantic atmosphere when we're in the room. (DH is WDW'd out. Not even a deluxe will coax him back right now). The practical side says stay at POFQ and have extra money but the "I'll never be able to afford this again" side of me says to go for the deluxe. I think it would be nice just to hop on a monorail after a long day but it's not really that big of a deal. Ugh, I hate this. I need an Advil.

I've been in December several years in a row but never the week right after Thanksgiving. I thought the crowds may be light but wasn't sure because of it being the week before the parade. I suppose a lot of local people come in for the parade that don't stay at the resorts. Plus I'm sure the Pop Warner folks will be cruising in then but we'll be leaving for home that day anyway.

What does your friend think? Would she rather spend the extra $ on room or experiences? Has she been there before?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    I have stayed at the Polynesian, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, All Star Movies and Pop Century in the past. Last week I stayed at POFQ and absolutely LOVED it! The price was so much more reasonable than the deluxe hotels and resort was really very nice. That being said, if being on the monorail is important, then my second choice would by the Polynesian. I think I would rather spend my money or a lot of extras rather than a deluxe room personally.
    Agreed about POFQ!!! We love it there. We've never been to a Deluxe but have been to Coronado Springs, POR, POFQ and Pop and it is our favorite - hands down.

But if you're going to do all the parks, keep in mind the monorail will only be available at MK and Epcot so you'll be bussing it to AK and HS and maybe Downtown Disney. Just to give you more to ponder.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    What does your friend think? Would she rather spend the extra $ on room or experiences? Has she been there before?
    Well, actually, my friend will only have money for POFQ so if we stay at a deluxe, the difference will be on me. That's okay, I don't mind that. Obviously if given a choice, she'd rather stay at a deluxe. She has been to WDW before but it's been about 20 years for her. I've already warned her that I'm a Park Comando but with her having 4 kids under the age of 8, she is hopefully used to being a comando. NO, the kiddies aren't going. The was Rule#1.

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    Agreed about POFQ!!! We love it there. We've never been to a Deluxe but have been to Coronado Springs, POR, POFQ and Pop and it is our favorite - hands down.

But if you're going to do all the parks, keep in mind the monorail will only be available at MK and Epcot so you'll be bussing it to AK and HS and maybe Downtown Disney. Just to give you more to ponder.
    I've stayed at POR, CS and Pop, and of the 3 POR is absolutely the best. I've visited POFQ but not stayed there.

We actually could get around the bus situation to HS if we monorailed to EPCOT then boated to Beach Club the boated to HS. (Actually, we could walk from EPCOT to Beach Club then HS probably in the same amount of time as a bus ride from POFQ). I do enjoy the boatride from PO to DTD, especially in the evening.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

I'm squealing. Can ya'll hear me squealing? I just got a postcard with 40% off deluxe resort package. 6 nights at Poly, 5 day PH passes, and dining for $2500. I could've gotten POFQ for $1800 but I just couldn't pass that up. Oh, and they said I can use my volunteer ticket for an all-day FastPass instead.

I'm squealing. Can ya'll hear me squealing? I just got a postcard with 40% off deluxe resort package. 6 nights at Poly, 5 day PH passes, and dining for $2500. I could've gotten POFQ for $1800 but I just couldn't pass that up. Oh, and they said I can use my volunteer ticket for an all-day FastPass instead.
    For the week after Thanksgiving?!?!? DECISION MADE! AWESOME!!!!

Is there a general code or is it individual? (I wish I'd see a postcard or PIN...just once)
    Sunshine Rewards

It's a postcard with a personal code on it. You know, though, that generally they give the general public the same deal at some time during the year. It was 20% off a value, 30% off a mod, or 40% off a Deluxe. This is the first one I've ever gotten.

It's a postcard with a personal code on it. You know, though, that generally they give the general public the same deal at some time during the year. It was 20% off a value, 30% off a mod, or 40% off a Deluxe. This is the first one I've ever gotten.
    Hey There! Congrats on the amazing postcard.

Shoot me an e-mail (tom AT mouse unlimited DOT com) and I'll help you get this magical trip started! We can use your PIN code AND get you cash back through Sunshine Rewards!
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook