Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week after Thanksgiving

Default Week after Thanksgiving

I'm thinking about scheduling a week at WDW starting the Sunday after Thanksgiving. That means we'll be leaving for home the day they film the Christmas Parade and the day that Pop Warner week starts. Anybody been there the week after Thanksgiving? If so, how are the crowds? If I don't go that week, I'll have to wait til Dec. 12 - 18.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

We went December 1-10 in 2008. The only day we ran into any crowds was the day they were filming the Christmas parade. So, if you stay away from Magic Kingdom on that day, you should be fine. If I remember, we walked onto most rides with no wait whatsoever. And the weather was gorgeous!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I'm assuming they'll be filming the Christmas parade the 1st Saturday in Dec. which will be the day we'll be going back home anyway. Thanks.

There were several years that we've gone that week. We would fly down on Black Friday and come home 8 days later on Saturday. On Black Friday, that was our travel day so we didn't do any parks. Saturday and Sunday, the crowds were not too bad, but once Monday came, it was empty. We think it's a fabulous week to go! You might even be able to schedule a MVMCP and see some of the Christmas decorations.

Agreed with the parade schedule - watch out and avoid the park where it is being filmed at all costs. Extremely congested and crowded.
    Sunshine Rewards

Okay, ya'll talked me into it. The week after Thanksgiving it is. Started to make a ressie tonight but think I'll wait just a bit longer. I don't know why. Well, maybe I do. I've had plans of staying at POFQ but Tinkerbell may be blowing some pixie dust money my way in which case I have to decide whether to use that money to have some extra fun or upgrade to maybe the Poly or the Beach Club. So, here's another opinion question - if you had extra money, would you use it to do more fun stuff or use it to upgrade from a mod to a deluxe. (May be my only chance to ever afford a deluxe).

Depends on how often you're in the room. We love the FQ and I would stay there over a deluxe and do fun extras because I know we're hardly in the room. But, it just depends on what kind of a Disney vacation you're going to have. Park Commando, out at 8 and back to the hotel at midnight...or take some days off, hang out in the hotel and chill. Have fun!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

I guess what you have to ask yourself is just how much time would you really spend at your hotel to justify the extra money for a deluxe. We love the FQ and to be honest with you, I'd much rather have the extra cash for other things like one of the behind the scenes tours, shoping, dinner at one of the more expensive places to eat, shopping, umm.......did I mention shopping

Don't forget, if you book with Mouse Unlimited you can get 1% back after you complete your vacation! We're home on a snow day today, so I know Tom would love to do a quote request for you

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I LOVE that time of year. It has always been our favorite. Great weather (not too hot or too cold) the decorations are up and the crowds are very low! You will have a hard time going at a different time of year once you go then. I can't speak to the Deluxe vs Moderate because we are fighting that question right now too. Brandon has always wanted to do Wilderness Lodge but I keep looking at how much cheaper it would be to downgrade to a Mod or Value and we spend very little time in the room so why spend that much. On the other end I think that if we spend the money on WL we would take the time to tour the resort and spend time in the room so it is a catch 22. We don't spend time in the resort because there isn't any reason to.
    Sunshine Rewards

Park Comando, definitely. And I'm taking a friend with me so it's not like I need a romantic atmosphere when we're in the room. (DH is WDW'd out. Not even a deluxe will coax him back right now). The practical side says stay at POFQ and have extra money but the "I'll never be able to afford this again" side of me says to go for the deluxe. I think it would be nice just to hop on a monorail after a long day but it's not really that big of a deal. Ugh, I hate this. I need an Advil.

I've been in December several years in a row but never the week right after Thanksgiving. I thought the crowds may be light but wasn't sure because of it being the week before the parade. I suppose a lot of local people come in for the parade that don't stay at the resorts. Plus I'm sure the Pop Warner folks will be cruising in then but we'll be leaving for home that day anyway.