Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extra-special magic?

Where did you order the baskets from?

Quote Originally Posted by JOLAROCHE View Post
    Where did you order the baskets from?

i think it was memories by sarah? i can double check that for you and get back to you.

my son's had a plush potc pluto, autograph book, epcot passport, potc cookie, lanyard and pins, happy birthday pin, and 10 or 20 potc disney dollars, probably a couple other things, i can't remember it all.

hubby got disney snacks, pretzels, chocolate, yomd refillable mug, lanyard and pins, first vist pins, and again, can't remember all that was there.

you customize them with sarah, she is very very easy to work with. she does not do balloons though.

I too would sugest the Wishes Cruise as a nice extra! I have not done it, but sounds so nice!

Also another thougth if your staying at the AKL would be an early morning Grand Gathering Sufarie at AK! The Good news is you have so long to think, research and plan, that i know you will find the perfect Extra-Special Magic that fits you and your family!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

The Wishes cruise sounds fantastic!! I'm just a little confused, because I've seen 2 different cruises being mentioned on other sites. Or at least I think there are 2?! One seems to involve pirates, like having capt. hook and smee down by the boat before you leave. The Cast member who does the cruise is a "pirate" and does trivia games while on the cruise. And the other seems to be less "themed". I think this week I will call the grand gatherings number and get it all straightened out in my head...if that's possible Thanks for all the help everybody - I'm loving hearing about all the magical experiences people have had!!!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

Quote Originally Posted by zoodoyle View Post
    The Wishes cruise sounds fantastic!! I'm just a little confused, because I've seen 2 different cruises being mentioned on other sites. Or at least I think there are 2?! One seems to involve pirates, like having capt. hook and smee down by the boat before you leave. The Cast member who does the cruise is a "pirate" and does trivia games while on the cruise. And the other seems to be less "themed". I think this week I will call the grand gatherings number and get it all straightened out in my head...if that's possible Thanks for all the help everybody - I'm loving hearing about all the magical experiences people have had!!!!
    With pirates, I believe you are thinking of the Children's Pirate Cruise, which also departs from the Grand Floridian.

The two cruises for rent can be arranged to be during Illuminations or Wishes. If you choose to reserve one of these, be mindful that the CM you speak with may not respond to asking for a "Wishes cruise" or an "Illuminations cruise" you're just looking to reserve a boat during a specific time that happens to be during wishes/illuminations. Also be mindful that unlike other types of reservations, you cannot reserve a boat until 90 days out. Our cruise was for an hour and departed at 8:30 and was perfect.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by wdwabby View Post
    With pirates, I believe you are thinking of the Children's Pirate Cruise, which also departs from the Grand Floridian.

The two cruises for rent can be arranged to be during Illuminations or Wishes. If you choose to reserve one of these, be mindful that the CM you speak with may not respond to asking for a "Wishes cruise" or an "Illuminations cruise" you're just looking to reserve a boat during a specific time that happens to be during wishes/illuminations. Also be mindful that unlike other types of reservations, you cannot reserve a boat until 90 days out. Our cruise was for an hour and departed at 8:30 and was perfect.
    I've heard of the kids pirate excursion from the GF, in fact, we may be considering that for the kids for this trip as well..... But from what I've read somewhere on the DIS boards, there is a pirate-type cruise during the fireworks as well, for the whole family. But I'll have to take another look to make sure I'm not imagining it
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

there is a special number to call for the specialty cruises. there info is different than what the normal disney people see and tell you.

call the specialty number to get the correct info.

after my reservations were made, the normal disney phone cm, told me my reservations were something like 1 hour before the 'real' time.

the real time to deploy was 930, so i was going to show up at 9. the normal phone cm said i had reservations for 8 pm, also, they were telling me my reservations were for special seating at the castle. HUH? special seating, not for the price i am paying, lol

anyway, please find that phone number and call it. it was on the disney web site, but since they changed it i have a hard time finding things on there.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesdare View Post
    there is a special number to call for the specialty cruises. there info is different than what the normal disney people see and tell you.

call the specialty number to get the correct info.

after my reservations were made, the normal disney phone cm, told me my reservations were something like 1 hour before the 'real' time.

the real time to deploy was 930, so i was going to show up at 9. the normal phone cm said i had reservations for 8 pm, also, they were telling me my reservations were for special seating at the castle. HUH? special seating, not for the price i am paying, lol

anyway, please find that phone number and call it. it was on the disney web site, but since they changed it i have a hard time finding things on there.
    Great, thanks for the info!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

The Number i remember calling and using when i booked my Wishes Cruise, that i had to cancle, was 1-407-939-7529 I think it was the Golf and Recuration line and the cuise option was burried in the options! I hope this number helps!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    The Number i remember calling and using when i booked my Wishes Cruise, that i had to cancle, was 1-407-939-7529 I think it was the Golf and Recuration line and the cuise option was burried in the options! I hope this number helps!
    Thanks! I will try that number when I get a chance to call - hopefully tomorrow!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards