Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WDW Steam Train Tour. How do I book it?

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Default WDW Steam Train Tour. How do I book it?

I confess, I'm a novice at booking "all things Disney," lol. I've been quite lucky to have a DD traveling with me who did all the planning. However, I have booked a 3 night trip to Port Orleans French Quarter Feb 1st through 3rd for just me and DH, so I'm on my own. I successfully booked my dining ressies today, but can't figure out how to book a tour. DH LOVES trains, especially steam trains, and I thought he'd really be pleased if I booked the Steam Train Tour. Any suggestions for this "newbie?"

I did ask the cast member about it, and she suggested I call the resort we'll be staying in and ask them. She also told me that, if I call them, make sure I take down every cast member's name. It seems like there should be a better way.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

You should be able to phone the central reservations number and they should be able to pass you to the tour people. I think it is a seperate group like the dining folks.

And this tour is wonderful! My mom and I had a blast and would do it again in a second.
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    I confess, I'm a novice at booking "all things Disney," lol. I've been quite lucky to have a DD traveling with me who did all the planning. However, I have booked a 3 night trip to Port Orleans French Quarter Feb 1st through 3rd for just me and DH, so I'm on my own. I successfully booked my dining ressies today, but can't figure out how to book a tour. DH LOVES trains, especially steam trains, and I thought he'd really be pleased if I booked the Steam Train Tour. Any suggestions for this "newbie?"

I did ask the cast member about it, and she suggested I call the resort we'll be staying in and ask them. She also told me that, if I call them, make sure I take down every cast member's name. It seems like there should be a better way.
    Here you go Pat, Kathie and I along with our husbands took this tour on October 17, we all really liked it. This is the website along with the phone number.
    http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tou...m-trains-tour/
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Thanks for the link, Pam, and yes Megan, it IS a different number than I called to make my dining ressies.

Unfortunately, "ALL CIRCUITS ARE BUSY" so I'll have to try again tomorrow. I had heard that today was the first day to again book dining ressies 180 days in advance, so I'm thinking that is tying up everything, even other phone numbers. The cast member who booked my ressies told me that people started calling at 3AM for their dining, even though it wasn't opened up until 7AM this morning! Plus, the cast member said that she also booked other things, just not this tour. Busy day for Disney reservation employees!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

It was a great tour. I have done other tours but this was the first time we booked the Steam Train Tour. Be prepared to get up EARLY. We had to be at the MK by 7am. Of course......Pam and I and our DH's were all there at 6:30.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    It was a great tour. I have done other tours but this was the first time we booked the Steam Train Tour. Be prepared to get up EARLY. We had to be at the MK by 7am. Of course......Pam and I and our DH's were all there at 6:30.
    It was still dark out! No one...I mean no one was around except us and maybe one guard who let us in to sit on a wall and wait. It only took us 10 minutes to get to the MK probably because there is NO traffic at that hour, everyone was still in bed sleeping!! I plan to post a picture of us standing in front of the train, unless you want to do it Kathie...I just need to get my camera back from my DIL. I thought the tour was fun, I would do it again.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    It was still dark out! No one...I mean no one was around except us and maybe one guard who let us in to sit on a wall and wait. It only took us 10 minutes to get to the MK probably because there is NO traffic at that hour, everyone was still in bed sleeping!! I plan to post a picture of us standing in front of the train, unless you want to do it Kathie...I just need to get my camera back from my DIL. I thought the tour was fun, I would do it again.
    It was dark. The guard mentioned several times how we were VERY early. Better than being late.

There were other people that came after us....most of them had dining reservations. There were only 6 people on our tour which made it nice. We got individual attention.

Steve hasn't uploaded the pictures from the camera yet so go ahead and post it, Pam. Thanks! Been a little hectic around here.

How did you get to MK that morning? We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. Would we be able to get a bus that early, or should we use the rental car. If we use the car, where is the best place to park?
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    How did you get to MK that morning? We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. Would we be able to get a bus that early, or should we use the rental car. If we use the car, where is the best place to park?
    We were told no buses that early and no monorail....we both drove and parked in the Contemporary parking lot...told the guard that we had the train tour and this is where they told us to park...Guess it's the norm because she just pointed to where we should park. No idea how a person without a car is suppose to get there....a taxi is probably the only other option?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    We were told no buses that early and no monorail....we both drove and parked in the Contemporary parking lot...told the guard that we had the train tour and this is where they told us to park...Guess it's the norm because she just pointed to where we should park. No idea how a person without a car is suppose to get there....a taxi is probably the only other option?

I asked that very question when I booked. They told me if i was going to take a taxi to have them drop me off at the Contemporary because only the buses can use the bus pick up area. They don't allow taxi's.