Thread: firewalls

Default firewalls

i was just watching some you tube videos and lots of them are saying to get offers approved to turn off your firewall and anti virus programs for the time you are doing the offer.

do you think this really helps your chances of getting offers approved? besides deleting cookies?
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I think if you have the levels set to basically "lock down" then yeah that would help but I never touch mine and I do fine most of the time with credits. I actually can't touch mine because my work has it all locked down on me but it seems to be ok. All I can tell is that McAffee is running in the background and that's about it. I have no idea what settings they have us on.

What web browser are you running? I know IE6 doesn't work as well anymore with SR and IE8 I think was causing people issues (thus leaving IE7 as your best bet).
    Sunshine Rewards

how can i tell what i have? i know i have internet explorer, but i have no idea what number it is.

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

To check IE settings:

On your browerser menu across the top choose Help ---> About Internet Explorer.

As for antivirus stuff, I have Windows Firewall and AVG free. I keep them both on all the time, my offers credit fine. There are the usuall hit or miss.

I think if a person is in a dry spell it is most likely their name/address/email/phone/i.p. or combo of the info is just saturated in the advertiser databases.

I personally would never risk turning off my security for something like this, you could wind up getting hit, losing your data & needing a new hard drive, not much worth a $0.50 credit (IMHO)
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

i agree, i was pretty skeptical about turning some of that stuff off. i go thru computers here so fast on my own. i don't need help from back stuff hitting the computer because of something stupid like turning firewalls or virus protections off.

i don't know, but i do not see any help across the top. i know i am not puter savy, but i just don't see it.

[i don't know, but i do not see any help across the top. i know i am not puter savy, but i just don't see it.[/QUOTE]

It might be hidden in your toolbar. Do you see a set of arrows at the top right corner? If you click on that, it should pop up with a drop down that will list the rest of your toolbar options.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

I for one would never turn off my firewall or set my security to nothing just to get an offer to credit. I can say that once I upgraded to IE8, I have had a lot less offers credit for me - especially ones that have not been a problem in the past. I was thinking about trying to go back to IE7 but I am not sure that I want to attempt that!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    I for one would never turn off my firewall or set my security to nothing just to get an offer to credit. I can say that once I upgraded to IE8, I have had a lot less offers credit for me - especially ones that have not been a problem in the past. I was thinking about trying to go back to IE7 but I am not sure that I want to attempt that!
    There was a thread about that a few months ago. I think 3 or 4 people downgraded after the discussion in that thread and crediting problems. I don't recall it being a huge PITA to do the downgrade.
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    There was a thread about that a few months ago. I think 3 or 4 people downgraded after the discussion in that thread and crediting problems. I don't recall it being a huge PITA to do the downgrade.
    Thanks - I will check it out and see if it is something I can do.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards