Thread: SR FAQ - Updated 3/26/08 Outdated. will work on a revision

Threaded View

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

How do I complete an offer?

Before starting to complete offers each day make sure your computer settings are set properly. Some items to remember:
    Use Internet Explorer, Go to Tools-> Internet Options -> Privacy->Advanced-> Check off override automatic cookie handling, accept 1st & 3rd party cookies, and always allow session cookies. Make sure you allow pop-ups as well.
    Next you need to clear your cookies. The best way to do that is through the free program Ccleaner (go to technical issues stickies to download). After clearing then run Adaware and Spybot to make sure all the junk is off your computer.
    Next open up a 2nd window with your email account open. Clear out all junk/spam so you can easily find your confirmation emails.

Ok now we are ready to complete an offer. For this demonstration we will do one of the simplest ones -> My Insider Deals (aka MID).
    1. Go to the News and Links page and in the drop down box choose Aveeno Lotion Free Sample (MID).
    2. When it opens up enter your email address. Click continue/next
    3. Next page enter your name/address/etc and then choose one or two newsletters from below. Then click next.
    4. Now you are being led to more “offers” for you to sign up for. You do not have to sign up for any if you are not interested in them. If you are enter your information or click the “yes” next to them and move on. Otherwise click “no” as applicable.
    5. Continue this until you get to the end/congratulations page.
    6. Open up your email and look for a confirmation email from YourGiveaways and open it. Click on the confirmation link to confirm that you have a valid email address. Then wait another minute or two and look for a 2nd confirmation email from MyFree. Click on the confirmation email as well.
    7. You are officially done. Move the offer to pending and wait for credit. Sometimes its within 2 hours and other times it is going to take a few days to credit.

Note: #6 above varies for each offer. Some have 1 confirmation email, multiple emails, or none at all. It is also wise to keep a window open for your email account while you do these and click on the confirmations when you see them (even if you are still doing the offer) so you don’t forget.

How do I join Flashchat?
    Once you reach 75 posts you are eligible to join the flashchat. A script is run on the hour to add people as they reach the 75 post mark. Once you reach it just wait until the top of the hour and you should be able to enter the chatroom.

Which freebie offers send email confirmations? Do I need to click on the confirmation?
    Certain offers send email confirmations to confirm that you indeed signed up for their offer. Most commonly any survey or research panel will most likely send you a confirmation and require you to click on it to get credit. Other offers such as offers run by these advertisers: MID (My Insider Deals), SE, Consumer Expressions (CE), What She Has To Say (WSHTS), Big Bucks Surveys, Winning Surveys (WS), and Win Moohlah send confirmation emails that sometimes you will receive credit when you finish the offer and click on the confirmation sent and other times you will receive credit without clicking the confirmation email. Since it is not painful to click on these emails and it will increase your chances of receiving credit I would strongly recommend taking the time to complete the entire offer and click on the confirmation email before moving the offer to your pending section.
    Last edited by m 'n c; 03-26-2008 at 09:31 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards