Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OTX Question

The last three OTX surveys I've done I haven't received credit for. I was pretty excited to even get into any surveys because for months I couldn't get any and now I get them, but don't earn from them. sigh. I've tried the suggestions and nothing has worked.

Default OTX Credits

What software do you use, and what browser to you use.? Are you using the ccleaner.com and making sure you cleared your cookies and temporary files.I do not see why if you complete them why they would not credit, since there is not bigger issue with getting credit lately. I did mine earlier using IE and it credits about 5 minutes after the hour I did it. Give us more detail so we can try to help you.

Jtowner

OK. Here is exactly what I do, and have done pretty much for a while. I use IE7 and Vista as my OS. I use CC Cleaner to clear cookies, temp files, recycling bin before starting a survey. I have found I ALWAYS need to time starting the survey so that taking it will not cross over into the next hour, otherwise no credit. I do the survey, keeping all information consistent and taking my time. Once I get the congrats page and the AMP and Eversave pages load, I need to keep the window open for several minutes. I have found that if I don't, I rarely get credit. Then I close the window and leave my computer. I do not clear cookies until I either get credit at the top of the next hour or two hours later. At that point I figure I am not getting the credit. I took today off from even trying an OTX. I will try again tomorrow and hope for the best! I have never had 100% crediting, but never 0% in a two week span!
    Provided by FLMNetwork.com

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Default OTX Credit

The only thing diferent I do is leave my completed and page up until after it credits, then I take it down. Only on OTX I use IE 8 and I hate Vista so I use only XP computers. I use FF on GF and 2cents surveys, It sounds like you do everthing right, it must be a vista issue, it is possible that you do not have 3rd party cookies checked in IE? They are a pain to find, FF is much easier to work with for cookies issues. I quit using FF on OTX because sometimes FF does not work right with OTX. Also I did the upgrade to IE 8 , but I read here some pople are having credit issues with that browser, I am not, but again I mainly use FF expect for OTX. Maybe someone else may have a suggestion for you. I am sorry if this did not help you out,

Jtowner

Quote Originally Posted by jtowner View Post
    The only thing diferent I do is leave my completed and page up until after it credits, then I take it down. Only on OTX I use IE 8 and I hate Vista so I use only XP computers. I use FF on GF and 2cents surveys, It sounds like you do everthing right, it must be a vista issue, it is possible that you do not have 3rd party cookies checked in IE? They are a pain to find, FF is much easier to work with for cookies issues. I quit using FF on OTX because sometimes FF does not work right with OTX. Also I did the upgrade to IE 8 , but I read here some pople are having credit issues with that browser, I am not, but again I mainly use FF expect for OTX. Maybe someone else may have a suggestion for you. I am sorry if this did not help you out,

Jtowner
    You actually keep the completed page up until after it credits? I have never done thta, so maybe I will try that one. Not much to lose, right? And I do have the box checked to accept third party cookies. I have only ever used my computer with Vista since joining SR, but we just set our old computer up with XP for the kids to use, so maybe I will try that one. Thanks for your thoughts!

Default OTX

Yes I do keep it up until after it credits, I do not now if it does antyhing but I do it anyway. If you go to the xp computer do not forget to add the cccleaner on it and clean it good first. I am sure they do not do that. Good luck anhd keep me posted how you do. I forgot to ask you do you get GF or 2cents to credit? Let me know, now I am curious to see what the problem is.

jtowner

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I don't believe Vista is the problem. I use a computer with Vista to do everything and I have no issues. I also didn't know about leaving open the amp and eversave pages and I have never done that. I get 90%+ of my OTX credits. It seems to me that you are doing everything right but something is capturing your cookies. Do you have any toolbars installed? I would run a very thorough cleaning of your system. Something is preventing your cookies from being recognized and usually they are toolbars, cookies and spyware from other companies who are getting the credit for the surveys you do. I also wanted to make sure you knew not to have other browsers open when doing anything that involves cookies. It is fine for DS because they credit by userid but I have found I can't do anything else while have AOL, other IE tabs or anything else open or it throws off my cookies and I lower my chances of getting credit. I hope you get this figured out!
    Sunshine Rewards

8. Default

I have never had a problem with OTX crediting until the last 2 days. I got to the end yesterday and today and no credits. Last week I had no problems and I am not doing anything different.

Any suggestions? Do I just give up?

Sunshine Rewards

FINALLY!! After loosing 2 yesterday and 1 this morning, i finally got one to go and credit!
    Jennifer -

Quote Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
    FINALLY!! After loosing 2 yesterday and 1 this morning, i finally got one to go and credit!
    Congratulations! I am still trying to qualify for today! I hope your luck rubs off.