Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official" SR Pin Swap Sign-Up & Chat

Default "Official" SR Pin Swap Sign-Up & Chat

OK, since there seems to be some interest in doing this, I'll start an official sign-up. Please post if you are interested in doing a pin swap this Sept. along with how many swaps you want to do. Let's leave signups open until Sept 15th and pins due to be mailed by Sept 30th. Does that work for everyone?

I'm definitely in and count me in for 2 swaps.

So far we have

llgray16 (2)
    hedy
    bs4free
    kimntrent
    zoodoyle
    mseg16222
    Mom2aPrincess (2)
    Last edited by llgray16; 09-03-2007 at 09:05 PM.
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm interested! I'll just do one, if that's all right.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Whats the Rules and how does it work???
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Me!!!!! On Dis they do 2 pins per swap. But we are are own people here. =). If we do this we need to do real disney pins. No pins we find at Walmart or anything like that. I am an avid trader and hate when I end up with one of these pins.

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    Whats the Rules and how does it work???
    We will randomly assign each "swapper" another "swapper". Each "swapper" will send one pin (of their choice) to the other "swapper" by the deadline (Sept. 30) In terms of pins, I would ask each participant to list their likes/dislikes to give the other person an idea of what they might like. Simple as that

We can ask an independent person not involved in the swap to do the assigning or if someone else wants to volunteer to help do the assigning we can split the list in 2 so that it is a surprise for everyone. If all else fails, I can pick names out of a hat and do it that way too

I was thinking one pin per swap but you can do multiple swaps if you want. Or if the majority wants to do 2 pins per swap, we can do that as well. I would also say only official Disney stamped pins as well (no propins or sedesma!)
    Last edited by llgray16; 08-28-2007 at 04:52 PM.
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I agree too. I use some reputable guys on ebay if anyone wanted to look there. Official Disney stamped pins for me here. I know on Dis they say what their favorite characters are. To me I don't really care I collect them all but some people might. Although it wouldn't be a guarantee I think that it is a nice request. As for shipping. It will cost just as much for 1 as for 2 so that is why I suggest 2.

Kim

OK sounds good! I am in for at least one 2 Pin trade! Saves on shipping! I will post on the 15 if i want to do more, Right now i have a fat lot of over 90 traders (all official disney pins, mostley LE and CM/LS pins) but after my trip i do not know how stocked i will be! or if i have even more when i return!

BTW My favorite characters are Chip and Dale

Pinpics ID:ChipanDale
    -NOn DisBoards

When are you going to WDW? I just got back. We helped my god daughters with their sets and worked on ones of my own. My best friend said we should do a swap chat. I have these to trade for these 1 for 1. I thought that would be fun too. I would just hate for someone to be burned though. They have some great chip and dale ones right now. The disney visa one is my favorite but we left our cards at home so we couldn't do it.

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by kimntrent View Post
    When are you going to WDW? I just got back. We helped my god daughters with their sets and worked on ones of my own. My best friend said we should do a swap chat. I have these to trade for these 1 for 1. I thought that would be fun too. I would just hate for someone to be burned though. They have some great chip and dale ones right now. The disney visa one is my favorite but we left our cards at home so we couldn't do it.

Kim
    i leave on Saturday at 2:00am yes that is in like 90 hours WOOT!

I can not wait to see all the new chip and dale pins, and trade on the lanyards, and go to the big pin event... That Chip and Dale visa is tops on my list to buy!

I just wanted to make sure before i commit to too many pins to swap that i will have pins to swap! I know that i have a lot of myster sets to buy to get the chip and dales out if i can not find them on lanyards! Its almost time for the Hunt to begin!
    -NOn DisBoards

Are you a PPT? LOL! I got the chip and dale in the pirate tins both times. They were the easier of the 2 to get. I should take a picture of all of my pins I got this time. I am missing 1 pirate dabloon and 1 monorail. The yellow one. I tried to get more surf boards but I couldn't get those either. My god daughters got all the princess ones, the license plates, the inner tubes, the black round ones with mickey heads in different colors and the ghosts.

Are you going to that 90.00 event?

Kim