Thread: Any technical ppl on?

Default Any technical ppl on?

I left my pc on and my darling children decided to use it...against the rules! Now when I log into sunshinerewards...I don't have any buttons to click for anything(links, offers, scratch off, etc.) When I go to my gmail account it says on the very top "You are currently viewing Gmail in basic HTML. Switch to standard view" and when I click it, it brings up a blank page. If I try to do a system restore, the page that comes up is totally blank..as does the system information.

I have used ccleaner, spybot, anti-virus, ran every typical thing I could think of(system tools, disk defrag, disk cleanup, etc.) and still no buttons. I updated java, spybot, defender pro, etc and still nothing. I even set my everything back to default in internet explorer.(using 6.0.2900) and yet again nothing!

Does anyone know what would cause me not to have buttons on SR, to be in basic HTML, nothing showing-just a blank box- in system restore. I'm lost!

Ohhh yea and when I signed into forums, I have to click the line that says "click here if it doesn't automatically take me to forums" after signing in.

Have you tried rebooting?

Quote Originally Posted by Kycha View Post
    Have you tried rebooting?
    HAHAHA that was the first thing I did. I actually had to dump my pc and now in the process of putting everything back in, changing all my settings so I can do SR, and updating everything in my pc.

I would much rather the thing been hit by lightning than to spend 24 hours trying to undo what the boys have done! At least with lightning, I would know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinemckenzie View Post
    HAHAHA that was the first thing I did. I actually had to dump my pc and now in the process of putting everything back in, changing all my settings so I can do SR, and updating everything in my pc.

I would much rather the thing been hit by lightning than to spend 24 hours trying to undo what the boys have done! At least with lightning, I would know what to do
    Kids and computers dont always mix, and i love the lightning comment!

I hope you get it all back together and working soon!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

If you go to Internet Tools, Internet Options, click on Content, look at the Parental Control, and make sure it is off. Perhaps they hit a series of buttons that managed to enable them to turn the parental control ON?

I know DS can hit buttons that allow an intriguing amount of things to happen that I would never have figured out how to do...

What's WEIRD is that what you have described is almost what my SR and gmail look like when I used Safari...
    Sunshine Rewards

Is your firewall on or has it been changed. I share my rig with my mother-in-law. I have here login dumbed down as to not be able to download anything or change too many "features" in windows. Yet she can still turn on Windows firewall. When that happens my firewall box will pretty much return garbage every now and then....just really causes me a head ache is all. May be that's why she does it.