Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever done a Wishes cruise?

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Default Anyone ever done a Wishes cruise?

If so, tell me all about it & photos too if you have them! Thanks
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

DH and I did a Wishes Cruise in Dec. It was sooo wonderful, and very romantic. If you do one, make sure to spend the little extra and get the cruise with sound. You'll get snacks and drinks or you can bring your own. Our pilot drove us around 7 Seas Lagoon for a bit before the fireworks, and gave us bits of trivia about different things we saw. The fireworks were really neat from the Lagoon. Afterwards, he drove us to the Grand Floridian to watch the electric water parade. (Don't remember what it's called). It was one of the favorite memories of our trip for me. We ate at OHana's beforehand then left from the Poly dock.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

Oh yes, good point! I saw that audio is not included in all of them....however, I was happy to see that a driver was!! LOL!!

I'm trying to think of a very special way to celebrate our anniversary in September (our 9th on 09/09/09)!! We usually do Cali Grill for our anniversary, but was thinking of trying to do something we've never done before. I'm pretty sure that moring I'm going to schedule a safari through the club level services...if I thought DH could handle it...I'd even be up for a MK tour during the day...but I think that would be WAY too much! LOL!!

Was it just the two of you on the boat? I was surprised at how reasonable the prices were. My SIL & her family are going to be there when we are again, but I thought it would be really fun if it were just the two of too...don't know yet.

i did the wishes cruise also, back in april 07(?). i got the celebration/audio one. i think the total was $300 to $350. can't remember exactly now. but it would hold 8 people. our group was only 3. another family from the dis boards got intouch with me and we ended up sharing the cruise. i would have paid for the whole thing if something happened and they did not show. but it was a really nice evening.

we got picked up at contemporary. i had ordered a potc cake for my son's birthday, since this was a celebration cruise.

our trip was pretty much the same as the other poster. we were taken out and shown around 7 seas lagoon, given some trivia info. we saw the electric water parade first though, and then we raced in to get the perfect spot to view wishes. all in all it was fantastic. so relaxing. i would rate it a 10 out of 10 for the experience. however, i would probably not do it again. cost is a lot. well worth it for a one time deal.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

There are several types of boats to choose from depending on how much you want to spend. We got the pontoon boat with sound and anniversary decorations which I think came up to $300. We split the boat with 2 other couples that I met on disboards that were celebrating anniversaries too. You could always rent the ChrisCraft which was much nicer but much more expensive, too, but that would certainly be very romantic. The anniversary package comes with balloons and an anniversary banner. You can also have a cake or other food delivered to the boat, and can bring some bubbly if you want.

We also did the Backstage Magic Tour that morning. It's 7 hours of lots of walking but fun and interesting. DH has back problems, though, and it was a bit too much for him.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Oh yes, good point! I saw that audio is not included in all of them....however, I was happy to see that a driver was!! LOL!!

I'm trying to think of a very special way to celebrate our anniversary in September (our 9th on 09/09/09)!! We usually do Cali Grill for our anniversary, but was thinking of trying to do something we've never done before. I'm pretty sure that moring I'm going to schedule a safari through the club level services...if I thought DH could handle it...I'd even be up for a MK tour during the day...but I think that would be WAY too much! LOL!!

Was it just the two of you on the boat? I was surprised at how reasonable the prices were. My SIL & her family are going to be there when we are again, but I thought it would be really fun if it were just the two of too...don't know yet.
    I wouldn't do one in September, and here's why. DSIL had one all planned for our trip in August 08, mid-Fay. It was raining cats, dogs and waterfowl that night. Neither she, nor the concierge at the BC, could get a clear answer on if a)Wishes was going on, and b) if the cruise would go off. We had to haul butt to the CR, she and YoungestBrothers had to go in the rain to the marina, and THEN be told it was cancelled (as she would have been charged if we didn't show if they didn't cancel). For that reason, I wouldn't schedule it during hurricaine season.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I wouldn't do one in September, and here's why. DSIL had one all planned for our trip in August 08, mid-Fay. It was raining cats, dogs and waterfowl that night. Neither she, nor the concierge at the BC, could get a clear answer on if a)Wishes was going on, and b) if the cruise would go off. We had to haul butt to the CR, she and YoungestBrothers had to go in the rain to the marina, and THEN be told it was cancelled (as she would have been charged if we didn't show if they didn't cancel). For that reason, I wouldn't schedule it during hurricaine season.
    Well, unfortunately, I cannot control the weather (as much as I wish I can), but Disney makes ponchos for a reason! Plus, I love going for our anniversary....hurricane season & all.

Wink

I've never done the Wishes cruise yet, but have done the IllumiNations cruises a few times before.....Before they went way up in price. Still nice if you're sharing with a group of 6 or 7. We did the pontoon boats, sitting under the bridge at the International gateway is an awesome way to see IllumiNations, and we've even done the Breathless boat they have for IllumiNation there once, now that was NICE. http://allears.net/btp/illum.htm

I'd really like to hear more about the Wishes cruise, as I'd like to do it someday.

Hey Jen...how about renting the GRAND1, GRAND2, OR GRAND3 at the GF Marina.....

Ah come on now...Price is about $375.58 per hour, with a one-hour minimum
    http://allears.net/btp/spcruise.htm (Maybe you'll hit the lottery before September!)
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

I've thought about it Deb, cuz honestly I thought it would be much, much more than than that (for the Grand 1, 2, etc). But I won't go that far this time...maybe for our 10 year anniversary!! Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Well, unfortunately, I cannot control the weather (as much as I wish I can), but Disney makes ponchos for a reason! Plus, I love going for our anniversary....hurricane season & all.
    Actually Jen, I wouldn't worry about that. Been here for 8 years and came here for 12 years before that. My timeshare is actually in October because the weather was the best then. Summertime it rains everyday in florida, so don't let anyone tell you that fall with the hurricanes is not good, because they are so far and few between, that you will probably never encounter one. March, April, Oct, Nov, the best time of the year in florida.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.