Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone ever done a Wishes cruise?

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Actually Jen, I wouldn't worry about that. Been here for 8 years and came here for 12 years before that. My timeshare is actually in October because the weather was the best then. Summertime it rains everyday in florida, so don't let anyone tell you that fall with the hurricanes is not good, because they are so far and few between, that you will probably never encounter one. March, April, Oct, Nov, the best time of the year in florida.

Awesome! Thanks Cindy! Yeah, we've gone the past few years in September & only once did the rain put a damper on our plans...I've never seen such rain!! (Sept 14th, 2007--first night of MNSSHP--I'll never forget!!) But even then, it poured for a few hours, but the fireworks did still go on. Yay Disney!! Makes for a very memorable night though!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

We were there for the hurricane at the end of last August - it may have dampened our clothes, but not our spirits We had a celebration cruise scheduled for my parents anniversary. It poured the whole day, but the marina told us to keep checking back to see if wishes would be on or not. About 2 hours before we were scheduled to head to the marina, we spoke with the captain, and he said if we wanted to do it, he would take us out. It was still raining when we got the marina, but we didn't want to miss our only opportunity, so we went ahead, and I'm soooo glad we did!! Sure, the seats were wet, and the decorations didn't stay put due to the rain, but the captian was WONDERFUL and kept us laughing the whole time!! I had ordered a cake as well, but we decided to just take it back to the room with us. Truly a wonderful experience, and one that none of us will ever forget!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

Go for it, Jen. You'll be so happy you did. Wonderful memory!!! I'm going the last week of Sept. and I'm not worried about the 'canes, I'm more worried about it being so darn hot that DH is miserable. He says this is his last trip to WDW so it's gotta be a good one. (That was my Valentine's Day present). Of course, he said that the last time we went, too.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Ok, a few more questions for you that have done the cruise (or looked into it)....It seems like I could rent an entire boat for me & DH (& family if I so choose)...so long as it's not over xx people...is that correct? We wouldn't be w/others unless we chose to right? I ask because on wdwinfo.com it says that the Magical Fireworks Voyage, which was once only for Grand Gatherings, will be changing for anyone come March 2009. I just want to make sure that if I book one of those for $200-$300 (or so) that it's just us....and we can get decorations & a cake &..... :0)

Also, can you request which hotel's marina you leave from? I'm just curious as to how that's figured out. If we were to eat at 'Ohana could we request leaving from the Poly?

Lastly, how long are the Wishes cruises....or said another way, how long before Wishes do you need to be at the marina?

Thanks!
    PS-I'm pretty sure I'll be doing this & I'm sooooooooooooo excited!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Ok, a few more questions for you that have done the cruise (or looked into it)....It seems like I could rent an entire boat for me & DH (& family if I so choose)...so long as it's not over xx people...is that correct? We wouldn't be w/others unless we chose to right? I ask because on wdwinfo.com it says that the Magical Fireworks Voyage, which was once only for Grand Gatherings, will be changing for anyone come March 2009. I just want to make sure that if I book one of those for $200-$300 (or so) that it's just us....and we can get decorations & a cake &..... :0)

Also, can you request which hotel's marina you leave from? I'm just curious as to how that's figured out. If we were to eat at 'Ohana could we request leaving from the Poly?

Lastly, how long are the Wishes cruises....or said another way, how long before Wishes do you need to be at the marina?

Thanks!
    PS-I'm pretty sure I'll be doing this & I'm sooooooooooooo excited!!
    Yes, you can rent the whole boat just for the 2 of you. Don't know about the Magical Fireworks Voyage thingy. I know there's a pontoon boat, and the more expensive Chris Craft boats. But how many people you have is totally up to you. I think the pontoon boats hold up to 10 if you choose. And, yes, with the pontoon boat, you can have the audio and decorations for around $300, as I recall.

I think you can choose from 3 docks to leave from. We ate at Poly and left from there. I think you can also leave from GF or WL. I think you can even have food or a cake delivered if you want. They'll have drinks and snacks otherwise. When you make the ressie, they'll tell you when to be at the dock but if I remember correctly, Wishes started at 9, and we had to be at the dock at 8:15 to leave by 8:30. Can't remember if the cruise lasted 1-1/2 or 2 hours but I'm thinking 1-1/2. Don't know about Sept. but in Dec. it was a bit chilly on the water at night so you may want to bring a sweater. Our captain brought blankets for everyone but don't know if they all do that.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    March, April, Oct, Nov, the best time of the year in florida.
    Sorry to hijack, Jen.... but Cindy, I am SO GLAD to hear March is one of the best times of year there!!! We've never been there in March before, but we will in 28 more days..............

Back on topic... I would love to do the Chris Craft... either way, DH would love a surprise like this. I can't wait to hear all about it, Jen!

as far as i know, you rent the boat. doesn't matter if its 1 person or the max or 8 or 10 (?) i think our boat was max of 8.

the contemporary is another dock to depart from. at least it was for us.

you can also have food platters delievered. not just cakes. the boat has snacks and drinks on board. and should also have blankets.

once you decide which resort you will use, you can call their private dinning and they will give you your options for what foods are available for the cruise.

since we ate at crystal palace almost right before the cruise, we only ordered the birthday cake. then we snacked on the wishes snacks and drinks. the snacks are individual bags of chips and prezels, that sort of thing.

we also had the audio piped in and the birthday celebration banner.

and i think technically the trip is about 1 1/2 hours, but i want to say around 2 hours, from the actual time you depart to the actual time of return.

it really is fun and it is one of the highlights of all my trips there.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.