Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Minute Travel :(

Wink Last Minute Travel :(

Okay..so who's been lurking on the Last Minute Travel website, trying for a deal?

I lurked all day yesterday till I went to work at 2:30-till midnight, then lurked till 2:45 AM.....boy am I nuts or what...all to get a hotel in WDW for a dollar.

Anyone else try?

I see a few of my facebook friends are on the bandwagon...Shelly and Pam?
    you got the bug too hey...
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

I know it's a really good deal, but I decided I just didn't have the energy to get involved. I'm the type that if I didn't get the deal, I would be all bent out of shape. Good luck!!!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Martha

Yeah Deb.................count me in as one who was stalking that site.........but I have since decided that it is not worth my time........they never even did it yesterday........which they claim once a day (and I am including all time zones) and it still never showed up!

Someone mentioned they may have shut the promotion down........oh well........
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

I spent a lot of time stalking the site also, however, I'm not even sure if I would book it if it came up. It looks like a really great deal, but then it seems a little shady too. They are advertising that you are getting a hotel for $1 which would be a great discounted rate. However, then people are reporting that they aren't charging the $1, which makes it seem like you are "winning" the room and then possible it could be considered a contest/sweepstakes which would mean you need to claim it on your income taxes. This still wouldn't be a bad deal if you were planning a trip anyway, but for some people, the taxes could be a killer if they end up having to pay.

It just seems that LMT didn't think this out enough and the rules seem really unclear.

I hope it all works out for the people that are taking the chance though!
    Debbie

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

I've been lurking/stalking yesterday & then gave up. I went to the disboards today to see what happened & some posts said they changed the rules sometime yesterday/this morning. Many people are reporting they are getting the videos, but the time runs out just after you put in your cc info....not for everyone, but for some. That's scary to me. I thought at one point you paid all "fees" associated w/the stay (like taxes), but yeah, what if you pay the taxes & then you get a 1099 for the "win" too?? I'd LOVE to get it for our Sept, Oct or Jan trip, but I just don't have the energy....or guts.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

I was on the freaking computer for 18 hours+ between Sunday night- last night. I finally gave up. I was so tired!!!!!!!! (luckily I have a wireless laptop so I could clean, workout, etc). But I never did any SR yesterday, nada. TWO of my friends got a hotel- one about a half hour or so after I went to bed, and then a different one this morning. So it IS for real, but they technically did NOTHING for Monday, Feb 2nd, in any timezone, unless they count Hawaii. But I gave up today. I already pretty much get to go to WDW with my accomodations paid for via my parent's DVC- what the heck am I doing to myself? And yes, I would also be POed if I got a 1099 for the '$1' trip- cause I was trying for GF concierge- PRICEY.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

I checked it out... for a minute. I don't have time or patience to stalk the deals, though. I'll be stuck paying whatever they want to charge me, or my AAA discounted rate -- whichever is better, lol.

I'm stalking Last Minute Travel too. We are going to Disney in Sept. Since we are a family of 5, I figure if I could get one room for $1 a night it would cut my costs so much. I told my mom about it and she's been on the site too. She actually saw the video yesterday and today, but was too slow in getting her credit card info in - twice. I haven't seen the video at all!
    I want this sooo bad!
    Amy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunshine Rewards

I went there the other day and read the Terms and Conditions page. It states that you get a room for $1, but that you don't pay the $1. I guess that's how they change it to "winning".

I wouldn't mind getting it either way, but I don't have the time to hang out at my computer all day.

I just noticed this post tonight...I had been looking to see if anyone had posted about this over the past couple of weeks, how did I miss it???

Can you believe it? I actually did get in on this deal...

I got 7 nights at AS Mu. for July...Whoo Hoo!

I had been checking out the site and when I got up one morning and signed on to check, I got the video pop up and had barely enough time to get through the process. In fact, when I hit confirm, I had 2 seconds left and my heart was about pounding out of my chest!!!

The downside, I got it on the morning of the day dh found out he was being laid off in March...

With all my SR and Disney Visa pts, I have enough to pay for either all our food, or our tickets, so all we would have to cover is either the food or the tickets and airfare. Dh's mom lives in FL too, as does my grandfather, so we would combine the trip with some visiting.

I so want to be able to go, but I don't even know if we will be able to afford it now.

Also, even though I have already confirmed that the resort has our reservation, I still want to research a little more that the site is on the up and up, although from what I have read so far, even though their ratings are variable, they are a valid site and all...I'm still checking everything though, although I probably should have done all that first.

Anyway, now I'm just hoping that it will work out and we will be able to use it, as there is no other way we would be able to get to Disney otherwise AT LEAST for another year!

So now I have an added incentive to try to get into as many surveys as possible!
    Sunshine Rewards