• July

6 60.00%
  • August

8 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mid-Atlantic Coast Meet

Default Mid-Atlantic Coast Meet

Where and when would work for a meet for the mid-atlantic region. I have included several of the suggestions. You can vote for more than one choice and month. If you have another suggestion post it in this thread.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I picked all of the locations bc I would try to make any of them work. We've been to all of them before anyway so I know where i"m going.

I also picked June and August bc I think we'll (DS and I ) be heading out of town in July.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    I picked all of the locations bc I would try to make any of them work. We've been to all of them before anyway so I know where i"m going.

I also picked June and August bc I think we'll (DS and I ) be heading out of town in July.

That's fine. It gives us options. Right now August seems to be the best month, but we will wait and see if we get a few more responses. We have lots of time.
    Sunshine Rewards

I picked Hershey Park and June! I think that would work well for me.
    Sunshine Rewards

Bumping to make sure everyone in the area sees this
    Sunshine Rewards

In June, we're off to WDW and most of July is spent at the Jersey shore so I put down May or August and I'll cross my fingers that schedules work for me.

Any thoughts on Atlantic City or New Hope, PA? Both nice places for a short visit.

Would this be a family thing or just a ladies event? A 1 day meet? Just thinking out loud.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post

Any thoughts on Atlantic City or New Hope, PA? Both nice places for a short visit.

Would this be a family thing or just a ladies event? A 1 day meet? Just thinking out loud.

I know nothing about New Hope, PA, Atlantic City would probably be out for me because I doubt DH would let me go if it involved an overnight and I think Atlantic City would but am not sure.

As far as a family thing or just a ladies event I don't think we have gotten that far. For me it would probably be a one day meet unless it was something like DC and I could ride the metro down each day and just meet up with everyone. If we do Hersheypark I would bring the kids with me and let them go do their thing for the most part. Might have to have the youngest with me since he doesn't do roller coasters yet, but you never know by then he may have decided he likes them.
    Sunshine Rewards

Right now Hersheypark in August appears to be in the lead. Would a weekday or weekend day work better for the majority of those who have responded? When does everyone start back to school. I have to report back August 18th, but could go on the 21st since I would have off that day with my current schedule.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by missymouse View Post
    Right now Hersheypark in August appears to be in the lead. Would a weekday or weekend day work better for the majority of those who have responded? When does everyone start back to school. I have to report back August 18th, but could go on the 21st since I would have off that day with my current schedule.
    Either would work for me, but speaking from expierence a weekday at HP would be better crowd wise. Later the better bc as you know most schools go back before labor day. We don't and about half of our area go after Labor Day.

That said I'm in charge of ordering group tickets for HP for DS's school at a nice discount. If anyone is interested if that's where we decide, PM me.
    Sunshine Rewards

Our school goes back the Monday before Labor Day and I'm not sure when we'll have back to school orientations/meet and greet, etc. Until we get a school calendar, I'm not going to be able to nail down a date - if I can make it, I'd love to but I certainly wouldn't expect all of you to wait to mark your calendars.

But yes, weekdays are much better to visit HP. Discount tickets can also be purchased at Giant grocery stores in Central PA at a great price, but until it gets closer to season opening, I can't say exactly how much. Last year they were very close to $35 for adult tickets. Even if I can't make it, I would be more than happy to get tix for you and mail them OR give you directions to the Giant just a couple of miles away from HP.
    Sunshine Rewards