Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: glitch, maybe???

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

What software are yall running to clear things out? You might need to change software so that there is a better chance that the cookies will get cleaned/spyware found and cleaned.
    Sunshine Rewards

I have Norton Internet Security 2008. I am about due for new software, so I am thinking of changing to a different one. I got the same error message, but I just ran a disk clear through Vista. I am still hopeful!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post

As for the offer issue, we cannot find anything at ALL. Unless it is a ban of your IP address by the advertisers?? No one else is reporting it, and we don't see anything at all on our end.
    I don't see why they would only ban me. I do the offers just like everyone else and I ONLY do them here no where else.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by sqromano View Post
    I have Norton Internet Security 2008. I am about due for new software, so I am thinking of changing to a different one. I got the same error message, but I just ran a disk clear through Vista. I am still hopeful!
    You might want to pay a visit to the common software thread in the technical issues section to see if any of those would help you out. I personally hate Norton because it missed some things on my computer but other people have luck with it so it might not be your problem.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    You might want to pay a visit to the common software thread in the technical issues section to see if any of those would help you out. I personally hate Norton because it missed some things on my computer but other people have luck with it so it might not be your problem.

Thanks for the link. I am going to try the cookie cleaning download. Also, I just finished ordering new security software (along with tax software), so something has to help!

I have found that malwarebytes has picked up some stuff on my computer that other programs have missed and it is free.
    Debbie

Ok, I have read the most recent posts with ideas. I currenty have Webroot Spy Sweeper and Norton 360. I didn't even think to look to see if there was a thread for different software, thank you! I am not at all a techy person, maybe someone could walk me thru what I should try. Should I first delete/disable Webroot and Norton before going to software link on here and downloading stuff? From the products in the link and most recent posts in this thread, which should I try? Can I have multiple programs and combinations or just 1 at a time?
    There just might be hope after all!!!

You can run multiple programs without a problem except for antivirus. So I would leave Norton alone and try downloading Adaware, spybot, and ccleaner and give those a try. When I run them, I close all of my programs so nothing is running except those things.
    Sunshine Rewards

I downloaded adware, spybot, and ccleaner and ran all 3 with alot of junk to clean out. I ran Adware 3 times first and it was still picking out stuff to get rid of. After that, I then ran the other 2. I still might add malwarebytes to the list for later today. This took me over 5 hours and my eyes are googly. I will take a break to watch part of the Inauguration then see if I can get a survey. Hopefully the problems of being re-directed directly to GF and getting the "sorry this offer is not available in your area" message after trying to finish a survey will be resolved. Thanks a ton for all the tips and your patience. I'll post what happened.

I was never able to restart my computer after downloading the spyware stuff and running sweeps. My mouse wouldn't work! I took everything to the "geek squad" guys and he first checked the mouse. I had to replace it but it was under warranty. We used the recovery disks that come with your computer and redid everything back to manufacturer specifications (crash). The technician said that it is one way to get rid of unwanted spyware on a computer. I'm not sure about everything I downloaded, (if it worked or not). It was all erased with the rocovery. I'll try for a survey after a while and see what happens. I also bought new software, Spy Sweeper with AntiVirus.