Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: (Ended)Countdown Contest: 14 Days Until Christmas

St Judes Hospital. They never turn anyone away even if they can't pay.

I think I would donate to Toys for Tots this year- I think a lot of kids are going to need a little sparkle in their Christmas this year, and I have an affinity for Toys for Tots. My DH was a Marine when we first started dating.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

I would donate it to the Melanoma Research Foundation in my brother's name. My brother died from stage 4 melanoma last December after being misdiagnosed 8 years ago. It would be a fitting tribute to a wonderful person.
    TTFN, Marianne
    Sunshine Rewards
    DD17 DS11 1/2
    My brother Tom (September 26, 1965 - December 4, 2007) always in our hearts. We miss you Tommy!
    I miss you Mom! September 20, 1931 - October 3, 2011

Will the pain ever go away? We still miss you every day!

ASPCA and/or a local shelter. I just read an article about how animals were being "dumped" because of the bad economy and owners can no longer take care of their pets.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I would have to split it amoungst several.

1. Our local library - like Kathie said their funding keeps getting cut every year, our local branch has a HUGE children's program and outreaches to the community every chance they get. Some kids in town this is the only books they get to "take" home wiht them, reading and literacy is such a huge part of our society.

2. PACS our local food pantry - Like others have said their supply is low and they're now actually having twice as many families coming in for help then they did last year.

3. Our local SPCA - the newspaper just the other day said on Sunday alone 40 pets were dropped off at the shelter in one day bc owners can't take care of them.

I could probably come up with a lot more but I know locally these 3 are in dire need.
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

This was tough as it is hard to choose just one. I finally decided on the Salvation Army because they have many programs for the community. They are also on my mind as one of their depots was hit by a bus yesterday causing lots of damage to their building
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

This is hard. Wherever I donated it would be something that helped children, especially those who don't have enough to eat and warm clothes.

I would donate the money to St. Jude's. I can't imagine how hard it would be if it were my child who was sick. I'd love to help St. Jude's help these sick kids.
    Amy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunshine Rewards

That's a tough one - too many good choices. This year, though, I think I'd go local. We have a local "Santa Fund" that helps families that need it, the local food bank, and we have a local "keeping warm in the community" event going on now to help with heating assistance.

I would give part to the Marines Toys for Tots, part to Hospice, and part to the Patriot Guard Riders who do the funeral services for the fallen heroes.