Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Cancelled our Dec Trip

Liz I am so sorry.
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I'm sorry Liz that your plans changed. But, who knows...someday real soon, I wouldn't be surprised to see some special discounts come out - maybe they'll work for you and you can have some magic sooner than expected.
    Sunshine Rewards

I am sure that was very hard. I am sorry you had to cancel, maybe next year you will be there at Christmas.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Oh Liz I'm so sorry! I totally know your thinking...sometimes it really sucks to be a responsible adult! I know you were really looking forward to your whole family being there, but like you said, you & Sophie did have a great trip (wait...did you ever finish that TR) earlier this year & you all got to have a great trip to the beach. I know it's not Disney, but it is family time together & that's all that matters.

Sorry to hear about your uncertainity w/your job too. I'll pray that it get extended & that you & your family make it down to the most magical place on earth next year!

:
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

I know that must have been a very hard choice but with your job uncertainty maybe it's what you needed to do at this time. So, now you've got another year to complete lots of SR surveys to help save up for next Christmas.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

Wink

Ahhh Liz, so sorry to hear this, I know how much you were looking forward to it, and I thought maybe I'd finally meet you too. Maybe next year. We all totally understand.

I'm getting so scared about the economy and my upcoming December trip also. When I was out of work this summer for 3 weeks, then went back part-time, (now full time again) I had lots and lots of second thoughts...should I, shouldn't I? But I rented points from a DVC member last March and can not get my money back if I cancel, airfare was all paid by June, before I got sick, and I can't get money back on that either. So, I saved enough through the rest of the summer and early fall to pay off the dining plan, have a few Disney gift cards and my friend that is joining us is giving me money.....so I'm going, probably shouldn't but, I know, first hand, life is too short. Like Lisa said, I work too hard to not go on vacation.

Thank goodness you went this summer with Sophie...and the beach vacation, how fun that was right?
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

Quote Originally Posted by jakeandsophiesmom View Post
    Omg I can't believe it is the same song, different year for this. I just got off the phone with Disney to cancel my Dec trip that I postponed last year. Thankfully the nice CM was able to understand me through my tears. It is just heartbreaking for me to have to do it again b/c I was so looking forward to this trip. This was such a tough decision to make. We have the final payment, but after discussing our situation, my DH and I thought it was best to cancel and get what we have paid back and put into savings. With the economy being such as it is, I feel like it was the best decision for now. It doesn't make it hurt any less though. At least Sophie and I made it down for a week earlier this year. Eventually we WILL make it down for Christmas, I guess this year just wasn't meant to be.
    I sooooo feel your pain! We cancelled last Dec and Last May trips. My husband is a general contractor and we are Hurtin! The only reason we are going this year is we asked my parents for our birthday and Christmas gifts to be our season passes. Then I got an awesome deal on FL resident rates for our hotel. I will be packing a cooler and then have my Awesome SR gift cards for food and gifts. As well as my DD birthday is in December so I asked for Disney dollars for her. Litterally this is the only we were able to go.

I am soooo sorry for you guys. It really sucks I was the same way in May when I had to call and cancel. Hugs hugs hugs!