Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JENVANCE - Still here???

Waiting to hear the news. Just make love to hubby tonight and I garauntee you it wouldn't be long.
    Sunshine Rewards

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    Waiting to hear the news. Just make love to hubby tonight and I garauntee you it wouldn't be long.
    Couldn't hurt
    Sunshine Rewards

Good luck today. Sometimes all the baby needs is a little prodding (Doctor or DH whatever works) and out they come.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Good luck!

I posted this on the other thread but I will post it here too. Anyway here are the results to my dr appointment, which unfortunately did not go as planned. They did not strip my membranes because my cervix is still very thick and no dialation. So unless the baby goes naturally by monday, I will be going into the hospital monday morning at 8 am, they will be giving me something similair to a suppository but in the other end. This is supposed to help soften the cervix and stuff, but it takes 10 to 12 hours to work. Then they will induce with pitocin and i should have my baby by Tuesday morning. Thanks for all the well wishes!
    Sunshine Rewards

What about a warm bath? A belly massage?
    I know you are miserable and It will make you feel better as well.
    Thought is if you are feeling better then baby may wake up and decide to get busy.
    "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Michelle

I feel fine! In fact we went o the park today and later we have cheerleading, lol, well dd has cheerleading. I just want to get the baby out, I can't wait to meet her.
    Sunshine Rewards

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

In my world (OB), nothing seems to make moms go into labor as fast as L&D scheduling us "heavy". We have a saying in the Nsy, if they schedule one, two will come, etc. Our busiest days seem to be the days they schedule pts to be induced or sectioned, or both. Then, we fill up. We move Wed., I am sure we will be swamped with laboring pts, new moms and babies. Murphy's law.

You know, I was wondering why drs think they have to induce so quickly after a due date?! Babies can be a week or so past the due date and it's not a problem for the baby - I mean, the mom may be uncomfortable, yes! But I have heard that induced labors are not very easy (mine haven't been induced and have been intense, so I wouldn't want to know how intense a pitocin labor could be!)
    Really, though, in most cases the baby will decide to come naturally, if a little late, without the necessity for induction. I guess drs just like to be doing something! -- Mine insists on an IV, just in case there's a problem, but I don't think it's necessary if there are no signs of a problem, but guess who thinks he's more right?!! I don't want to be made to feel like a patient when I'm just doing a perfectly natural thing like having a baby - but when you go to a hospital, I guess that's how it is. My rant for the day - sorry.
    Anyway, Jen, I'm glad you feel fine today! But here's hoping you start feeling some contractions, too!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    You know, I was wondering why drs think they have to induce so quickly after a due date?! Babies can be a week or so past the due date and it's not a problem for the baby - I mean, the mom may be uncomfortable, yes! But I have heard that induced labors are not very easy (mine haven't been induced and have been intense, so I wouldn't want to know how intense a pitocin labor could be!)
    Most of our moms who are induced, have been pushing the doc for the induction. We are even seeing moms pushing for sections...without a reason, other than that is what they want. And, I am talking about first time moms. There is a whole discussion, in my world, concerning the pros and cons. What a change, people used to complain that we did too many sections. And, we are forever getting the 32-26 wk mom who is "tired" of being pg. As a NICU nurse, those moms have no idea how tired they will get if they end up with a baby in NICU. They always know "someone" who had a baby at 36 wks that was fine. It happens, but we call them late preterms and they can have a whole set of problems all their own.