Weekend Challenges

1. rjk
    rjk
    My DDs (18 & 20) will be home from college this weekend. While I should say DD20 will be home, social DD18 will be running around visiting all her friends and attending the Wisconsin Badger football game. The challenges this weekend will be to not fix the goodies for them to take back to school before the last minute and to not take in any fast food restaurants.

I really think I will be ok with the goodie fixing. Only problem for me there is I love to send them back to school with all their friends also so I think I will find some cute little bags to put them in and package in counts of 12 right away. That way as the friends stop over I can start sending them away. I will staple each bag so hopefully none will get openend by me.

My bigger challenge will be when DD20 and I go out to eat that I eat smart. I think that with my challenge to myself to report back to you all how I did I will get past this one to.

What kind of challenges will everyone else have this weekend?
  2. sunshinecindy
    sunshinecindy
    Weekends are always the challenge, especially with football season for me.

Heres what I did when I ate out the other day. I asked the waitress for a to go box right away, I cut my lasagna in half, and took the normal bread I would eat and took half of that and put it in the box right away. I did eat all my salad, but only used half of the dressing I would normally eat. You might even want to start your dinner with a soup that is broth since that will fill you up quite a bit before even eating your dinner, or drink a bottle of water on the way to the restaurant to help out.

Normally for Football we have a lot of snacks for the 1:00 game, for now, it will be similar to a huge taco salad since salads are the lunch menu. For the 4:15 games, it will be baked chicken wings instead of fried and varietions on what we normally have, and again, only half.
  3. askomsky
    askomsky
    My challenge is 3 kids 3 sports and tomorrow only 1 parent (me) since DH is taking a referre clinic all day tomorrow.
    Soccer, ice hockey and soccer again. I'm usually so good about throwing uncrustables in for the girls so they can eat on the fly, DS doesn't eat a big lunch so a snack usually holds him.

Weekends are tough bc I'm either in the car, at an ice rink or a soccer or football field running around. I'm not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow but I can garentee you I'm giving it some thought today.

Oh and Applebee's has a great Weight Watcher menu so if you go out to eat and have one locally go there and order something from the WW section. Their usually high in fiber, low in fat and not cooked in the heavy grease/oil.
  4. spring
    spring
    I can't get out to buy the foods for this diet yet until tomorrow or Sunday, so I haven't officially started yet. However, I DID watch what I ate this morning, eating breakfast and a snack from the approved list while eyeing the three boxes of pastries and dunkin' donuts munchkins. I didn't cheat, so that's a start. I'm going to try my best this weekend with the foods I have on hand. Good luck to everyone!
  5. sunshinecindy
    sunshinecindy
    Last night was tough. I went to an "octoberfest" party with about 110 people. Lots of beer on tap, tons of food, brats on the grill, kielbasa and sauerkraut...and the dessert, oy vay, the three tables were loaded. I did pretty good. I only had 1/2 beer, crystal light the rest of the night, a two little pieces of kielbasa, some kraut, a little german pot salad, some greek salad, little bits of a couple other things, really just enough to barely cover the bottom of the dixie paper plate. Normally, I would have had like 3 heaping plate fulls. I had one bite of brownie, thats it. I was pretty proud, and satisfied actually.

How about you guys, how is your weekend going?
  6. ~Kathie
    ~Kathie
    We had a community dinner tonight. They had ham, scallops, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rice, salad and key lime pie. Had a bit of ham with pineapple, salad and a spoonful of rice. While everyone was eating key lime pie.....I was eating my 2nd helping of salad. The scallops were baked but had a coating so I only had a couple. I didn't eat potatoes or beans since they both had dairy so I did pretty good.

We just do the best we can........and modify.