Don't get discouraged

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. sunshinecindy
    sunshinecindy
    Let me tell you. Don't get discouraged. The first day of this diet was a bear for me. The second day, much easier, and today, I'm really not even thinking about food, I'm actually wondering how I'm going to fit it all in. I am so not a breakfast eater, either is my dr, but he told me, that your breakfast sets your metabolism for the day. So, if you eat, it heightens your metabolism and you burn fat faster, the longer in the day you go without eating, the slower your metabolism is. I now get up and eat my "breakfast" with my coffee.
  2. askomsky
    askomsky
    Cindy I could have written that post myself! Breakfast is the hardest thing for me, I usually only grab a snack and that's not until 9 am but i've been up since 6am.
  3. ~Kathie
    ~Kathie
    It's not having a snack after dinner that's going to be the most difficult for me.

I get up later in the morning and go to bed late....I usually eat lunch at 2-2:30.... dinner at 7-7:30. If I moved the times forward an hour........think that would make a difference?
  4. sunshinecindy
    sunshinecindy
    No. Even though I get up early, I don't eat dinner till later when Jeff gets home, so I've had to adjust my times for that. In face, I eat my afternoon snack aroun 3;3:30 because the stretch from 2:30 to 6:30 is a little too long for me.
  5. spring
    spring
    I ALWAYS eat breakfast, but usually have a low fat granola bar in the morning followed by an English muffin or yogurt about 2 hours later. Since I get up and am at work by 6:15AM, I think I'll have to readjust the timing a little bit to fit my work and break times.

This weekend I plan to go out shopping to get the appropriate foods. I'm going to take it one week at a time, but I will need every bit of support I can get here.
  6. ~Kathie
    ~Kathie
    What can you tell me about Beef Jerky? I've never had it. I didn't look for it in the market today because I figured I would just skip it. But since I can't have the dairy options (cheese) if I skip the jerky....my other options will be really limited.

How much sodium is in it? Can someone give me the nutritional info on the back of the package? WEhat kind do you like? Does it taste salty? Is it chewy? I thought it was a strange thing to have on a diet but if you have to chew it a lot, that will give a feeling of being full. Makes sense.

DH said there are different flavors and if I didn't like it he would eat it. What a good flavor to try?

I found that there were a ton of brands of granola bars out there. The only one I found that stated low fat on the package was Quaker. The others had a LOT more fat. That was enlightening.

TIA
  7. PSL1013
    PSL1013
    I bought some, so I will give you the nutritional facts on the back. I've eaten jerky before and it's best when it's homemade but that is a long process. OK, I bought a couple of pkgs. of teriyaki flavor beef jerky at Target. I love jerky but it is VERY chewy and VERY salty. I also bought a pkg. at Costco of Beef Jerky that is not flavored but I haven't opened this one yet, so I can't comment on the taste or of the chewyness! The sodium content is a little less in the Costco brand.

Target Beef Teriyaki Jerky:
    1oz. serving=
    Total Fat 1g
    Cholesterol 30 mg.
    Sodium 600mg
    Total Carbs 4g
    Fiber 0g
    Sugars 3g
    Protein 12g

Costco Beef Jerky
    1oz. serving=
    Total Fat 1g
    Cholesterol 10mg
    Sodium 480mg
    Total Carbs 9g
    Fiber 0g
    Sugars 6g
    Protein 9g
  8. ~Kathie
    ~Kathie
    Thanks Pam for posting the info. I'm only allowed less than 3000 mg of sodium a day so for one item to be 500-600 is a lot. Too much sodium caused my kidney stones and I don't want to go through that again.

Interesting the difference in the 2 brands.

I'll go read some labels and figure it out.

Thanks!
  9. PSL1013
    PSL1013
    I shouldn't be eating it either because I'm on high blood pressure medication, so I won't be eating too much of it myself, I don't like nuts so there isn't too much to eat for snacks in my case. I'm not crazy about eggs either, they bother my stomach but I did boil six of them to have for variety. I don't know how long this will last but I'm going to give it a shot for at least this week and see how it goes.
  10. sunshinecindy
    sunshinecindy
    I'm on high blood pressure meds too and my dr does not have a huge problem with me eating salt or the jerky. In fact, he said that iodized salt is good for me. Now, I don't think he would like me to pour it on, but moderation is fine. I'll ask him about that next time I'm in there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast