Chat or thread

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. sunshinecindy
    sunshinecindy
    I've limited this to invite only because I know I don't want the whole world knowing about me dieting and how much I'm losing (or not losing) and I think it just makes it a little better for us.

We have a couple different ways we can do a "weigh" in. We can have a very short chat on Monday nights in private room, or we can do it on here by thread. Because of the time difference for all us, the chat would need to be somewhere around 9:00, very short, but would give everyone the chance to ask questions too. Its up to you guys. If you can't make the chat a particular night, you can come do your weigh in by thread. Or we can all just do it by posting in here. its up to you guys.
  2. askomsky
    askomsky
    All the above sounds good to me. Especially the part about not everyone needing to know my business. I have a confession to make which is why I NEED to try something new and have people hold me accountable with weigh in's etc.

My confession...... I have put on 35#'s since Feb, because I finally QUIT smoking. Even though I was an avid runner I always did it first thing in the AM. I quit after 23 years and it was tough but I'm now on almost 8 months of being smoke free. I had put 10-15#'s back on over the year leading up to it, but after much prodding from my 10 yr old, I figured it was now or never.
    My biggest problem with gaining the weight was I started working PT a month after I quit and my workout time (530am) went right out the window. It's hard to fit it in at any other time bc of the kids and their activities but I'm trying.
  3. askomsky
    askomsky
    Had to make 2 posts, guess the first one was to long.

So there you have it, none of my clothes fit I had to buy some summer ones for work just to get me through, I'm so sick of carrying around what is now an extra 40+ #'s and NEED to do something about it.
  4. sunshinecindy
    sunshinecindy
    I so applaud you for quitting smoking. I just buried one of my best friends today at the age of 59 from Lung Cancer, and it was a horrific death.

Now, lets tackle the weight gain. I know how you feel. I've gained about 20lbs this year albeit, all isn't just from eating, theres a little thyroid and immune system problem going on we are addressing right now.

I too don't have much time to work out. I'm literally on SR from 7 in the morning till 9 or 10 every night with dinner breaks and dog pottie breaks, thats about it. I do need to incorporate some activity though, its a must.

And, I don't want all those skinny people reading my posts, therefore, the private group. LOL
  5. PSL1013
    PSL1013
    I'm going to give this a shot because I have about 30+lbs that I would like to lose...but I would be very happy with 10lbs gone, which will be my short term goal.

Question: on the menu for Breakfast
    Choice of one
    a. Hard boiled add and slice of low fat cheese..I'm assuming that "add" should be "egg"?
  6. askomsky
    askomsky
    Thanks Cindy and I agree! LOL

I did know better having lost my grandparents to emphazema (sp?). One of those dumb things, it just kills me now that I was outward (not internal if this makes any sense) healthier before I quit bc I could get to the gym to lift weights and run 3+ miles in the am. I just NEED to make time, like today I brough my gym bag I will MAKE time to get to the Y after work since Jim is home to get my Kindergartener off the bus.

I brought a salad for lunch today my biggest problem is snacking at night.
    I'm going to come here tonight after football and bug you guys to give me willpower to not snack.
  7. ~Kathie
    ~Kathie
    I just looked over the menu and there are non dairy choices so looks like I should be able to do this.

A few years ago I was up to a 2X and weighed over 180. I'm down to 155 and in a 14/16 but seem to be at a standstill. I can't seem to lose any weight no matter what I do. I've been working really hard at it with diet and exercise, but I need to try something different.

Congratulations April on quitting smoking. What a great accomplishment.

I probably won't be able to make a set chat, maybe pop in once in a while.
  8. sunshinecindy
    sunshinecindy
    Yes, it is egg, thank you, I will get that changed.

Kathi, sounds like you are doing pretty good though, congrats. You are on a roll, keep it up with us and give us the encouragment we need to accomplish what you have so far.

Football season is going to be rough rough rough for me, and I won't say I won't deviate at times, I'll just have to try to do it somewhat within the guidelines.

Dairy is my hardest product to get in me. I don't drink milk, not a big cheese eater, eggs are about it, so this works for me too.
  9. askomsky
    askomsky
    Thank you Kathie, I am proud of myself but its tough when I'm carrying this extra weight. I'll get through this though, I know I made the right choice.

I'm lactose intolerant also and what I've been noticing is the heavier I get/am the worse it is. I used to (30#'s ago) be able to eat 2 slices of pizza and not have it affect me, or a sandwich with mayo or a dip that's sour cream or mayo based in moderation and be ok. But now I am to the point where anything I eat I have to take at least 3 lactaid sometimes more just so my stomach isn't hurting. I've cut the mayo out when I eat sandwiches now, but sometimes I just want something dairy. I know if I lose some of this I should be able to add it back in with moderation.

Kathie I dont' see why moving the times an hour wouldn't help. Give it a try and see what it does for you.
  10. ~Kathie
    ~Kathie
    I don't do eggs...not because I can't (they're from the meat group not dairy) but because I don't like them. Weird I know. All those egg nogs my mother forced on me as a kid must have traumatized me.

Cindy, It's taken me years to lose the weight but it has stayed off. One thing I did that has helped a lot is to serve my dinner on a lunch plate. This diet pretty much says the same thing to make your plate and only eat half.

Here are a few of the other things I have done over the last few years.

Eat a lot of fiber.
    No white flour, white bread and white rice
    No potatoes
    No sugar
    No caffeine
    Cut salt/sodium to 3000mgs a day

My doctor gave me a fiber chart and told me the more fiber you eat the more 'waste' you produce. Believe me.....if you increase your fiber (vegetables) this is very true.

The no caffeine hurt. I would have 2-3 cups of tea in the morning. I never drank coffee. I drank decaf tea for a while and still have a cup now and then.

More
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast